Monday, January 30, 2012

01/30/12

It's looking like the blog's gonna break 1500 views this week. I'm glad you keep coming back!

The Taste crew started getting heavier on the business end last week. Personally, I tagged along to some meetings, chatted with most of our band roster, & added more content to the Taste site. Everything's coming along nicely!

For a little extra incite, the Taste committees only take about a month (if that) off each year from all things Taste. Bringing together the bands, restaurants, sponsors, etc. takes a lot of time and effort, but seeing 40,000 people downtown and having a ball for the benefit of The Tippecanoe Arts Federation is super rewarding!

Save the date: Saturday, June 16, 2012. Downtown Lafayette is going to be electric.

Production-wise, we wrapped up guitar tracking on the new Arch Drive Goodbye CD last week and I got all of those tracks edited & bounced down. Getting the guys to put down their acoustic guitars and beef-up with my signature Dishaster 4790 amp from Rhodes Amplification is newer territory for them. The songs are pretty rockin'! Now, we're sorting through some vocal parts.

My good buddy Johnny Bhive stopped by IND HQ last week too. I always enjoy being able to sit down and talk shop with other musicians, especially those of Bhive's caliber. Hopefully our schedules will line up for a future collaboration!

Shows, shows, shows...

I made it back down for a Lafayette Live visit last week. I wish I could give a little review, but the show I saw Saturday night at the Knickerbocker with The Melting Pot and The Heavy Company was so sick that I have a little memory loss. The Melting Pot, featuring members of Root Hog and Uncle Buck's Mojo Box, jammed Booker T & The MGs tunes and my boys in The Heavy Company's Midwest Psychedelia was thick and conducive to head bobbing. I may have been toe-tapping a shaking my backside a bit; truly a public outburst for myself. I apologize to anyone that may have witnessed this. :-)

Side note: The Heavy Company guitarist/vocalist Ian Daniel has a pretty sweet Lafayette Shows site up HERE.

On the IND side, we've been jamming more new tunes for the February shows. We'll be at the Animal House on 2/11/12 with The Mound Builders and at Aces Pub on 2/25/12 with Born Under Burden. For more details on these dates and to RSVP, check out the Fan Page. While you're there, consider hitting the 'like' button. :-)

Speaking of the Animal House show, it'll mark the first time in a long time that I'll be cranking my amp up in Frankfort. Jeremy Chambers, bassist for 50/6 Feet, has gotten involved with booking over there and is putting together some awesome shows. Jim Voelz, The Mound Builders' vocalist, and myself plan to sneak into town this Thursday night (2/5/12) to plug the show and jam some tunes at Applebees Open Mic Night. If you start digging for change now, TMB & IND CDs & shirts will be on hand.

Ok, 3 things before I go...

First, Emily Larimer (Chemcoma drummer/vocalist) released an awesome new track over on the Tempest Fare Facebook Page. Check it out!

Second, I'm still trying to move some of my unused gear HERE on Craigslist. If there's room on your credit card or your tax refund is burning a hole in your pocket, shoot my a reply on the listing.

Third, I finally figured out that #FF stands for 'Follow Friday' on Twitter. Yeah, I'm embarrassed. Anyway, if you're hip to Twitter and follow @ChrisJuneIND, I'll hook you up with a Friday mention.

That does it for this week, thanks for stopping in!

I'll see you Frankfort peeps on Thursday!!!

Over and out