Monday, January 16, 2012

01/16/12

Happy MLK Day! Do you have the day off? Not me...

I met most of the Lafayette Music Scene last Monday night at the City Council meeting to speak out against the proposed entertainment ordinance. Good news: the ordinance was tabled! You can find more info HERE. Check out the chump in the bottom right corner of the picture. :-)

Drew & I jammed out some newer tunes (newer to the acoustic set, that is) Wednesday night at Lafayette Live. It was great to make new friends & have some dudes join us on the last song!

Here's the set:

"My Rx"
"Guilt that Keeps on Giving"
"No Second Chance" - Adrenaline cover
"Amputee" - Oceansize cover

I ended the music week by stopping by the Hoot Night show at the Lafayette Brewing Company. The Moundbuilders, Threat Level, and I-Exist threw it down!

Highlights included loud tube amps, lots of rocking, and adult drinks. Buddy from I-Exist is also a Rhodes Amplification artist and we spent some time chumming with Mr. Rhodes himself.

If you get a chance, ask Buddy why he was rocking a Tele that night. :-)

Coming up soon...

February 25th the IND crew will be joining forces with Born Under Burden at Aces Pub in Lafayette for a night of loud rock tune-age. RSVP/Show Info HERE.

Audiokult Radio will be rockin' Whistle When We Break Down in the near future.

Finally, I'm selling some gear that I haven't been using. If you need some new toys, are looking for a screaming deal, or would like to contribute to the student loan fund, I have the stuff listed HERE.

That's does it for the weekly update. Thanks for stopping by!

Over and out