Monday, January 23, 2012

01/23/12

Hey all! Have you been bitten by the tax bug yet?

I have!

I've spent quite a bit of time buried in my computer getting everything ready to go and getting my sales tax settled.

Yeah, I like to keep it legit.

I'd feel pretty dumb about speaking my mind about the government and doing my civic duty if I didn't pay up (or if I complained about paying).

Moving on...

It's been a little crazy trying to juggle schedules with the crew over the last couple of months (because of some shift changes with the boys), but we're rolling steadily again and working up some new jams.

This is good, because after a lot of homework & waiting, the show dates are solidifying! For those of you that are weekly readers, 'like' the Fan Page, and/or follow me on Twitter, you'll get a chance to plan ahead and see us 'weapons hot'. It beats those last-minute, pick-up shows, right?

Mark your calendars:

02/11 w/ The Mound Builders in Frankfort at the Animal House
02/25 w/ Born Under Burden in Lafayette at Aces Pub
03/03 w/ lots of other locals in Lafayette at La Parranda for a benefit for a shooting victim and a charity of the Lafayette City Council's choice
04/07 in Frankfort at the Animal House
and finally...
06/16 in Lafayette at the Taste of Tippecanoe

For the rumor mill... I do volunteer for the Taste (lots of people do). I didn't vote myself in. I'm not taking any payment from them. I busted my tail like everyone else on the roster, support the cause 100%, and very honored to participate. :-)

I encourage everyone to get involved with the Tippecanoe Arts Federation and Taste of Tippecanoe

Now that I covered that, kudos to all the musicians performing this year. I'm especially ecstatic that these locals will be in the lineup: Little Boxes, Snorb!, Green Room Rockers, The Mound Builders, Kyle Bledsoe, Jeff Anderson, Years, Johnny B Hive, Jason Wells, Space Cadet Vibe, Moonshine Mason and the Rot Gut Gang, Scott Greeson, Michael Kelsey, Joe Peters, Amanda Fletcher, and Hillary Tribbett!

This show is going to be crazy!

I'll have updates on all on all upcoming dates on the Fan Page and the Shows Page as the info comes in. I hope I see you out!

Moving on further...

I finally got my first radio report this week. Good News!

CSCR, KAMP, KAOS, KDHX, KIDE, KKSM, KMUD, KNSU, KPSU, KTSW, KXZY, Radio UTD, WBWC, WHRV, WIDB, WIDR, WIUX, WIXQ, WMCO, WMUC, WMVL, WORT, WPHS, WRHU, WSBU, WUMM, WUOG, and WVAU have added Whistle When We Break Down to their stations’ playlists!
CFMU, CFRE, CILU, KAFM, KANM, KCSC, KEOL, KEUL, KFAI, KGAR, KHNS, KLPI, KMNR, KNDS, KPUR, KQAL, KRNU, KSPU, KSSU, KTCV, KURA, KUWS, KWCR, KWCW, KWLC, KWTS, KWVA, Lasell, Rainy Dawg, VIC Radio , WAMH, WBOR, WCNI, WCUR, WCVF, WDWN, WERU, WGBK, WGMU, WHRW, WICB, WIIT, WIPZ, WKKL, WKWZ, WLVR, WMHB, WMPG, WMUH, WNSU, WOBC, WOJB, WOZQ, WPPJ, WPSC, WPTS, WRDP, WRKC, WRST, WSBF, WSIA, WSIN, WTCC, WWHR, WWSP, WWUH, and WZMB ALREADY HAVE IT IN ROTATION!!!
Much gratitude to all the folks at these stations for giving the tunes air. Also, thanks to the Tinderbox crew for getting the word out about the CD.
I'll keep you in the loop as more reports come in.
Finally...
I've mentioned previously that I'm doing some production/engineering/programming/mixing work on the new Arch Drive Goodbye CD, and we wrapped up rhythm guitar tracks yesterday. We cranked my Rhodes amp, had some laughs, I twisted some arms, and the dudes survived. I can't wait to hear the finished product & I hope they're eager to share it! It's cool they're going into some 'electric' territory.
Well, that does it for this week's update.
As always, thanks for stopping by. For my musician readers, the listing HERE of my music gear has been updated with new toys that I need to liquidate.
I'll catch you next week!
Over and out