Monday, May 21, 2012

05/21/12

It's looking like the blog will surpass 2500 views over the next two weeks! I see that you keep coming back, so let me know why: Free stuff for FEEDBACK!

Alright, let's get into it...

I spent most of Monday and Tuesday knocking out mix work to finish up the Arch Drive Goodbye CD. I had to squeeze in some more tweaks throughout the week to finish it up, but it's done in time for our show with them and Echovox at the Knickerbocker this Saturday (INFO & RSVP). Woot!

You can check out their tunes HERE.

Wednesday night I headed downtown for the second-to-last Taste of Tippecanoe meeting of the year. The Taste is less than a month out and the crew is getting jazzed! All of the event details are on the Taste site (follow link above). Discount tickets are available at the Tippecanoe Arts Federation site and local Pay Less grocery stores.

After the meeting and loading a ton of sushi in my belly, I headed over to Lafayette Live at the theater to hang with other musician folk. Since I wasn't on the schedule and had interest from some peeps about Whistle When We Break Down, I passed around my iPod.

2 things:
  • It's funny to see dudes jamming out to an iPod at a live music show.
  • Be careful of sharing your art *unsolicited* with random people at bars. You may find that they're crabby, you've annoyed them, they don't like it, and that your music isn't 'Rock n Roll.' :-)
Tough crowd...

On the way home from downtown I stopped by Brady(Little Boxes)'s crib for some jamming. We got on a roll and finished up after 4am. That dude is a great player, ambassador of the local scene, and friend. What a riot!!

Luckily, I got home in enough time to grab four hours of sleep, take care of the pups, and clean up before venturing back out to play at the Purdue Farmers Market.

Here's the set:

"Before it Gets to Me"
"Pocket and Soul"
"Amputee" - Oceansize cover
"Settling"
"Guilt that Keeps on Giving"
"Dear Reason"
"Imagine" John Lennon/A Perfect Circle cover
"Faithfully" - Journey cover
Out of Our Hands

It was a good call by the University Sustainability crew to move me to a different location. I was in the middle of *what I'm guessing was* a thousand+ people passing through. It allowed me to interact/chat more with the crowd too. I hear there was a lot of pictures snapped. I'm guessing most have the caption of 'Why is this guy playing?' :-)

Really, I was hired! Sorry for being in your way!!

Later Thursday night I wrapped up ADG's This Is a Story... and chummed around with home-skillet, Justin Reagin after giving a guitar lesson.

With some help from my awesome neighbor, I loaded up PA in the van on Friday and headed downtown to share a show with Mr. Evan Ryan at Java Roaster.

Here's the set:

"Zzyzx Rd" - Stone Sour cover
"Settling"
"Dear Reason"
"Imagine" John Lennon/A Perfect Circle cover
"Before it Gets to Me"
"Pocket and Soul"
"Amputee" - Oceansize cover
"My Rx"
"No Second Chance" - Adrenaline cover
"Faithfully" - Journey cover
"Out of Our Hand"

Special thanks to my old day-job and local music buddies for stopping out for the early show! If you missed Evan's set, he killed it!! I never would've guessed I'd hear him cover Judas Priest's "Breaking the Law." It worked. It really, really worked!

After tearing down, I headed out for a night on the town; catching sets from The Shake Ups & The Enders at the Lafayette Theater, PLOT at the Knickerbocker, and Atarilogic at Black Sparrow. No one disappointed! During my adventure I enjoyed some good company and conversation with friends from Minsky Kinks, The Future Lovers, Green Room Rockers, The Mound Builders, Snorb!, & Arch Drive Goodbye. It's cool to see so many groups out actively supporting the scene.

Pat yourselves on the backs!!

Saturday I had plans to attend the Lafayette Brawlin' Dolls match, but got a little side-tracked celebrating the birthday of Brian from The Mound Builders. Karl from The Disillusioned also took part in the madness. His gift to the birthday boy was a home-brew Atari Punk Console; which sounded like a train making love to an erupting volcano through a Brian's JCM 800 and pedal-board. IT WAS MADNESS!

Apologies to the LBD crew for bailing out. I'll get there eventually! :-)

On Sunday I helped Matt from The Cocaine Wolves with some transportation and grunt work. In retrospect, I should've built a trap before meeting up with him so I could steal and hold him hostage at IND HQ for the next round of recording. That dude gets a monster guitar sound on his recordings. I must have this!!

That does it for this week's update.

Remember, you can subscribe to the blog, follow @ChrisJuneIND on Twitter, and 'like' Chris June IND on Facebook. Sharing the links is appreciated! :-)

And... don't forget to get your free copy of "Before it Gets to Me" when you purchase Whistle When We Break Down from the Bandcamp Page! That's 4 songs for $3!!!

Also, "Dear Reason" will disappear from the iTunes and Amazon.com stores in two weeks...

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week!! I'll see you at the Knickerbocker on Saturday night!!!

Over and out