Monday, May 14, 2012

05/14/12

After a week consisting of celebrating Mother's Day, booking, promoting, performing, and mixing, I've got another update cooked up for you.

I'm glad to see you back again! Hey, have you been losing weight? :-)

Ok, ok... here we go!!

On Monday I got into mixing the new ARCHDRIVE GOODBYE EP, This is a Story. With "Autumn Reigns" approved by their crew, the plan is to dig into the other tracks and have everything wrapped up by the end of this week; setting them up to use the show with us and Echovox at the Knickerbocker on Saturday, May 26th for their CD release extravaganza. INFO & RSVP HERE

I got my 'vote' on for primary day on Tuesday. There was only one contested race on my ballot, but I helped pick the winner! For my fellow Hoosiers that haven't been a part of the process, you can register online HERE.

I've had conversations with people that believe their voice doesn't matter. If you share that thought, I'm challenging you to prove it this year. Get registered, familiar with the issues, and don't stay home on November 6th.

After completing my civic duty and before IND practice, I picked up my little brother and headed to Indy to chum around a bit. His band, Thor, has a show coming up on July 11th in town. I'm looking forward to seeing the dudes throw down again. There's a lot more talent there than their age suggests. :-)

Pancake from Gold N Tattoos in Frankfort made the trip over to the theater to hang out for Lafayette Live on Wednesday. Between great sets by ADG, Evan Ryan, and Little Boxes, we shared cocktails and war stories. Thanks to him, I learned about the launch of Evasive. It made for a good midweek riot.

Speaking of Evan, he's joining me this Friday for an unplugged show at Java Roaster downtown on Friday. INFO & RSVP HERE

After receiving a call last week from my bud Sarah (wife of Karl from The Disillusioned), I got the hook-up playing at the Purdue Farmers Market on Thursday.

Here's the set:

"Before it Gets to Me"
"My Rx"
"Imagine" - John Lennon/A Perfect Circle cover
"Settling"
"Dear Reason"
"Amputee" - Oceansize cover
"Guilt that Keeps on Giving"
"Pocket and Soul"
"Zzyzx Road" - Stone Sour cover
"No Second Chance" - Adrenaline cover
"Out of Our Hands"

Special thanks to the University Sustainability crew for having me out and sneaking me into some PRESS. I had a blast playing outside on a beautiful day! It's always a pleasure work in conjunction with local farmers and businesses!! A reporter from an Ag magazine grabbed some video during the set. I'll share it if I find it online. :-)

I'm on the schedule to return for an encore this Thursday (5/17/2012). Maybe you'll take a long lunch to come visit...  INFO & RSVP

On Friday I decided to keep a low profile in the studio and started catching up on art and adding shows to the EVENTS CALENDAR before IND practice.

Saturday I accepted an invite to visit Rhodes Amplification and jam on the new Artemis. It's a 3-Channel/High-Gain/Rack-mount/Tube 'monster' of an amp that's hand-built across the river in West Lafayette, IN. It has the personality of my Dishaster 4790, but with more power and a million extra knobs/switches and features. I'd get into the details, but I'm not sure where to start! Perhaps it's best to demo the amp yourself. If you get the opportunity, take your checkbook. It's gorgeous looks and mean tone may prove too much to pass up.

That does it for this week's update.

Remember, you can subscribe to the blog, follow @ChrisJuneIND on Twitter, and 'like' Chris June IND on Facebook. Sharing the links is appreciated! :-)

Also, get your free copy of "Before it Gets to Me" when you purchase Whistle When We Break Down from the Bandcamp Page! That's 4 songs for $3!!!
Plus, you'll be extra familiar with the material when I see you at the shows this week. You're coming, right?!? :-)

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week!!!

Over and out