Monday, February 27, 2012

02/27/12

I started off last week getting some more touch-up ink from Eddie at Sacred Apple. We've been working on the sleeve on my left arm for almost two years now! Luckily, it's almost done...

On Tuesday, my buddy Brian (from The Mound Builders) and I made the trip to Chicago to check out the In Flames show. This being my third time seeing them; I can definitely say that those dudes never disappoint. Their new CD is pretty sick too. I'm not into 'metal' as much as when I was younger, but their hooks can not be denied. I was pleasantly surprised to see Trivium get back to what I initially liked about them; more like Ascendancy, less of a Metallica/Machine Head copy cat.

Speaking of The Mound Builders, they were included in Heavy Planet's March Bandness Tournament (starting on Wednesday, February 29th) to be crowned the best Stoner Rock band. Think we can all send some votes their way on Wednesday?

Back on track...

Tuesday's tickle in my nose/throat had grown to full-blown sickness by the time our set for Lafayette Live rolled around on Wednesday; setting the pace for the rest of the week. Drew and I were there to plug our shows for the weekend and we soldiered on.

Here's the set:

"Settling"
"Pocket and Soul"
"Out of Our Hands"
"Dear Reason"

By the way, it was good to see Hillary Tribbett back in action on Wednesday. She's such an awesome writer and performer. It's a good idea to check her out before she skips town. No, really, she's setting up shop in LA in the near future...

Sending thanks messages to radio stations, guitar lessons, and IND practice on Thursday and Friday provided a nice change-of-pace from the coughing and nose-blowing and helped usher in Saturday for the week's main event at Aces Pub.

The Journal and Courier did a nice write-up and 93.5 was blasting ads to promote the show. Our buddies in Born Under Burden kicked off the night of mean rock and my crew kept it rolling.

Here's the set:

"Settling"
"Guilt that Keeps on Giving"
"Dear Reason"
"Feed Me a Lie"
"The Shadow I Will Leave"
"Boys of Summer" - Don Henley/Atari's cover
"Pocket and Soul"
"My Rx"
"Out of Our Hands"
"Point #1" - Chevelle cover
"Something Else is Something More" - Adrenaline cover
"Stuck" - Adrenaline cover
"Amputee" - Oceansize cover
"Before it Gets to Me"
"No Second Chance" - Adrenaline cover
"Heartkiller" - H.I.M. cover

It was a great night and great crowd. Set-wise, it's been a lot of fun rehashing some of the old Adrenaline tunes to mix up the set. They've been holding up really well with the new stuff. Honestly, I don't think the crowd noticed they were hearing some 10+ year old originals from some Clinton County teens.

If you missed it, we'll be hooking up with the Born Under Burden crew for some more shows in the future. Our history makes for some fiery performances and below-the-belt jokes. Don't miss 'em!

I wrapped up the week back at Aces last night running open mic. At one point we had about eight people on stage jamming hot fire. It was nuts! Thanks to Dan-O, Brady, Jay, Dennis, Tommy, Jim, Kimmie, and CP for throwing down.

That does it for the update.

Don't forget that I'll be unplugged at Java Roaster on Friday and weapons hot at La Parranda on Saturday. I hope to see you out!!

Whoa, we're already to the point where I type that you should follow @ChrisJuneIND on Twitter and 'Like' us on Facebook... :-)

Thanks for stopping by.

Over and out