Monday, April 23, 2012

04/23/12

Yay, it's Monday/Blog Day!

I've spent about 40ish hours per week the last few weeks on some non-music-related side work. Though it's been a struggle keep that and music going simultaneously, it seems that my rest has been the only casualty so far.

So, as long as I'm holding up health-wise, I'll keep rolling with my 'I'll sleep when I'm dead' approach...

Ready for the update? Then let's do this...

Wednesday is really when the music side started picking up. I received the Artists United promo posters. Again, this is a benefit show on May 4th (the next big rock show) supporting the Tippecanoe Arts Federation and a local shooting victim. We'll be joined by our buddies in Minsky Kinks, PLOT, Red & The Roosters, and Traveling, Broke, and Out of Gas. INFO & RSVP HERE

Kudos to the crew at Express Print for doing a great job on the posters with the quickness.

Also, I met up with Buddy from I-Exist to grab a new rack case for my PA and had Nate from ARCHDRIVE GOODBYE in the studio to work on drum tracks for their new CD.

After finishing that up, I headed downtown to start distributing posters. Lindsey Sickler was doing a set at the theater and, once again, I got to join her for "Saving Grace." WOOT!

I have loose plans to do another single release as a follow-up to Whistle When We Break Down. My idea is to do both versions of "My Rx" (The Bb minor acoustic version is more eerie and droning than the uptempo F minor band arrangement). So... I'd like to do the acoustic track completely indie at IND HQ (hopefully getting Lindsey involved); kind of like "Before it Gets to Me."

On the flip-side, I'm hoping to get the boys over to Sound Logic to knock out the bigger/meaner track.

Typically, I don't let the cat out of the bag on future plans, but I'm thinking that blogging it will help push it along. :-)

Fingers crossed...

Thursday, I met up with Kristine from Minsky Kinks to finish distributing posters before giving a couple of guitar lessons. My student, Brett, has been gearing up for his school talent show and we've been hard at work getting him prepared...

Drew and I ended the week back at the Lafayette Theater to jam for our friends', Hans and Brittany Rees' wedding.

Here's the set:

"Settling"
"Before it Gets to Me"
"Amputee" - Oceansize cover
"Imagine" - John Lennon/A Perfect Circle cover
"Pocket and Soul"
"Out of Our Hands"
"My Rx"
"No Second Chance" - Adrenaline cover
"Faithfully" - Journey cover

I met Hans and Brittany through Lafayette Live and have enjoyed watching their bands Frank Muffin and Little Boxes (and talking shop with them) over the last year. It was a pleasure share the stage with them again and our friends Jeff Anderson, Jerome Hemersbach, Lindsey Sickler, and Lint.

Thanks for making us a part of your special day! CONGRATS DUDES!!!

Speaking of being a part of awesome things, "Out of Our Hands" and "Pocket and Soul" will be on the soundtrack for Maiden, a novel written by C.L. Marin. Luckily, she digs the music and the lyrical content works into the theme. We're happy to be included and wish her luck with the project!!!

That does it for the update.

Remember, you can subscribe to the blog, follow @ChrisJuneIND on Twitter, and 'like' Chris June IND on Facebook. Sharing the links is appreciated! :-)

Btw, the blog stats have been going way up recently. Please SEND FEEDBACK about what I'm doing here. I'd love to know what you like or what can be better regarding these posts. 

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week!!!

Over and out