Monday, April 2, 2012

04/02/12

Great, April is here and I think the Pages/Timeline is live and I didn't get all my updates ready. Figures.

I'm trying to get back into my Monday blog routine, so here we go...

Did you get the new track last week?


I can't put into print how much fun it was to record this song! In addition to Drew on bass and Chris on bongos, there are guest tracks from Matt Amos (The Cocaine Wolves) on triangle and Brady Joseph (Lafayette Live) on djembe and tambourine. Although it should go without saying: yes, I did guitar and vocals...

Last Thursday I stopped in to jam at Applebee's in Frankfort to jam for Jason Wells' open mic.

Here's the set(s):

"Pocket and Soul"
"Settling"
"Imagine" - John Lennon cover
"Before it Gets to Me"
--------------
"No Second Chance" - Adrenaline cover
"Out of Our Hands"
"Amputee" - Oceansize cover
"Faithfully" - Journey cover
--------------
"Wanted Dead or Alive" - Bon Jovi cover
"Come Together" - Beatles cover

The last couple tunes I jammed along with Jason. Honestly, I didn't even know the Beatles' song. I picked up the main riff during the intro & took chord cues on the fly. What a blast!

My contact from the local paper showed up for the show to chat and grab some pics of me playing. If the article makes it to print by the end of the week (and I don't sound & look silly), I'll tweet a link. :-)

Finally, last night I stopped by Aces to jam a little. The lovely and super-talented Ms. Azul was hosting and I was ecstatic to get to jam with her.

Here's the set:

"Wonderwall" - Oasis cover w/ Azul
"Out of Our Hands"
"Before it Gets to Me"
"Pocket and Soul"
"Settling"
"Broken" - Seether/Amy Lee cover w/ Azul

Drew was around to do a little hand-drumming too. That's right, Drew is my bassist, but there's not much that dude can't do!

Well, that does it for the update.

I'm going to make an attempt to play almost every night this week: Tonight in Logansport, Wednesday night at the Lafayette Theater, and Thursday night in Frankfort to promote the next few shows: Java Roaster on 4/6, Animal House on 4/7, and Carole's Corner Pub on 4/14.

I'll have space for anyone that wants to tag along. If nothing else, wish me luck! :-)

Remember, you can subscribe to the blog, follow @ChrisJuneIND on Twitter, and 'like' Chris June IND on Facebook. Sharing the links is appreciated! :-)

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week!!!

Over and out